Premiere
Photobucket

Thursday, May 31, 2007

From op-shop to prim........



I discovered this shelf for a couple of dollars at an op-shop (goodwill) a few months ago. It was painted a pastel blue, not prim at all. Time for a make-over!






We had some left over paint in a grungy green, so in the interests of economy I decided to use it to paint my shelf.

We have a tumbledown old house on our property, which I keep raiding for primitive goodies. One thing I have found there is some wonderful rusty pressed ceiling tin. It just so happened that this tin was just the right spacing for my shelf!

My darlin' cut it to size for me and I brushed it down, sealing it with a spray clear enamel. I fixed it to the back of the shelves and they were ready to hang!



This is my little stitching/reading nook. I love the shelf there with a few prim dollies on it. The chair is a very old one I bought at a second hand shop, and the cushions are all op-shop finds. It's such a cosy little spot, especially on a winter's day......


2 comments:

Thoughts n Beyond said...

was just browsing tru some blogs..he he ..that was something which made some sense at last :)

melissa said...

You are very lucky to have pressed tin in your old shed ....It really sparked up the shelves