Premiere
Photobucket

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pumpkin harvest time.....

I love pumpkins, pumpkin curry, pumpkin soup, pumpkin scones, pumpkin and silver beet lasagne....... the list goes on, yum, yum, yum......


I think these gorgeous orange ones are a French variety. I bought a mixed pack of heirloom seeds so I'm playing spot-the-pumpkin at the moment lol.......
This greyish green one is the weirdest pumpkin I've seen. It's very hollow inside, not sure if that's due to the type or my gardening ability! The flesh is divine in the above-mentioned lasagne, and mashes well too.
My butternuts are nearly ready so once my computer and flickr are on speaking terms again I'll load some pics.

Here's the link for the Pumpkin Curry recipe, very hot but yummo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are making me hungry!!!! Hey got my mojo back!!! xxxRobby

Katy said...

Great pics! i just found your blog earlier today..and plan on looking around! I love your header! :) have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love pumpkin too Mon...even down to it just basically being roasted..but certainly love all the rest too. Perhaps you could share your pumpkin curry...sounds nice! And do you eat that as is, or a side dish..Unfortunately, David thinks he needs meat with every meal..lol..
Luv Ann.xx