Premiere
Photobucket

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wonderful wool and fabulous fibre......

I am so into raw, natural fibres at the moment. I found this gorgeous handspun wool at an op-shop a while ago and decided to make Toddy a beanie.
He's been after a heavy, greasy wool beanie for yonks. I have only knitted scarves and one or two simple jumpers so the whole shaping thing is new to me. Oh well, worth a go. The wool cost me an unbelievably cheap $3!

I am off to a fibre expo today, I'm so excited.... I only had a very short time there last year and the goodies were divine, camel fibre for goodness sake! Never knew it was available! Can't wait to see what they have this year...... kids are on holidays but I managed to farm them all out so I have a whole day to touch and stroke and smell and..... ok I'm rambling but it's gonna be great!

2 comments:

Bron said...

I've been thinking about getting out the knitting needles as well. Nothing like cooler weather to encourage creativity in the art of all things fibre. Where was the expo? I'm jealous!
Bron

Linda said...

Your op-shop must be amazing. Well done.
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown