Premiere
Photobucket

Thursday, August 14, 2008

And there's even more!!!

I have been totally spoilt by Tan with a lovely rusty pinkeep and a sumptious melt that she made herself! It smells sooooo good....I wanted to show you the gorgeous cuckoo clock I received from my parents. It was my Oma and Opa's clock which they brought from the Black Forest in Germany about the same time I was born! Mum and Dad had it restored for me and every time the little bird pops out I grin, even at 4 am lol....



I was thoroughly spoilt by my lovely hubby, with dinner and a show on the Saturday night before my birthday. The show was fantastic, the local players put one on every year and it's all written and produced by locals. Lots of great costumes and songs with appearances by Abba, Gilligan, and the Beverly Hillbillies! The topic they chose was the development of a waste facility on prime agricultural land, one which we managed to block in the Land and Environment court! Great night! The catering is all done by community groups and the funds raised all go back into the community. My darlin' built me a new garden which am busting to plant out, and made me a rughooking frame. I also got a book on rughooking a hook and some soapmaking books. Boy am I going to be busy.....

1 comment:

KernowWitch said...

What a unusual pinkeep from Tan, I love it Mon....The clock is a lovely family piece, what history..Glad you enjoyed your birthday....Hugs Chrissy x