Premiere
Photobucket

Thursday, July 26, 2007

My girls

My chookies are looking soooooo much better..... the new girls from the battery hen farm are getting new feathers and are so much more confident and happy. They have learnt to come when I call and rush to get their scraps. The older girls are still hen-pecking them a bit but are gradually accepting them. The newbies - all six of them - all sleep together in one little nesting box (made from recycled eskies). I go out there each evening and rearrange them, I'm worried that they will suffocate each other! With any luck the girls will start laying again soon, I have only been getting one a day lately...Ian has been threatening them with "the pot" but I have it in our pre-nups that my chookies will retire to our old-folks home lol.....

Their new feathers are starting to come through....

The older girls stick together!

No comments: