Premiere
Photobucket

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tag - you're it!

Thanks Robby for tagging me to tell five things you may not know about me. I have been very slack getting around to doing this post. The main reason is that everyone else sounds so fascinating! I've been wracking my brain trying to think of something worthy of writing about. Here's what I came up with.


1. I have panic attacks. They usually occur when I am in a group of people I don't know well..... I get very, very nervous. I am useless at small talk and I never know what to say. This could have been aggravated by the fact I grew up on a National Park an hour from the nearest town (Hillston - pop about 1000) and regularly cut off by flood waters. We were so isolated we did school by correspondence and got flown to Royal Far West each year so we could be assessed for health needs and to give us some respite from the dry outback. I guess it gave our parents some much needed respite too. The rest of the year it was just our family and the occasional visitor. I also got panic attacks when going to places more hilly than a tabletop. That's what growing up in the outback will do to a girl.

2. I collect walking sticks. I have over thirty of them, all different sorts. I just love the history and functionality of them.

3. I've been engaged three times. The first to a guy I went out with for five years when I was a teenager. He decided to sow his wild oats somewhere else, in fact in lots of other places. The second time was to my ex-husband who also had some planting to do. Finally my gorgeous man who is only interested in the sort of ploughing and planting done by his draught horses popped the question. Actually he popped it 2 weeks after we met. (The question that is, oh and a few champagne corks lol....) I made him wait for a while though, twice bitten = very wary!

4. I am the world's worst housekeeper. Honestly.

5. I love animals. Ok you knew that, but you didn't know I have sat in a creek skinning a rabbit and plucking a duck whilst camping with fiance number one. Not doing that again, nup, no way! No wonder it didn't last. I do love camping, haven't been for years, but when I do I'll take my own food so I don't have to gut anything!

Ok, now I have to tag 5 others.... will have to get back to you on that one, baby budgie wants a feed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are interesting!!!! and super clever!!!! I wish you could add more than 5 things...I want to know more!! xxxRobby